Senior Account Executive, CRC Public Relations
Alexandria, VA – April 2016 – Present
Director of Communications, American Principles Project
Washington, D.C. – August 2013 – February 2016
- Built American Principles Project’s communications department from the bottom-up. APP had no communications structure and received little media attention prior to August 2013. Now APP is well-known by the media and the public.
- Directs all of the organization’s communications – including strategy, media relationships, press releases, statements, op-eds, talking points, television and radio appearances, and more.
- Works with each individual program director to craft messaging for the program’s communications, which line up with goals of the department and the organization – including talking points, email blasts and other communications.
- Regularly cultivates relationships with journalists on a variety of topics, editors, and producers.
- External relations/Coalitions manager – strategically works with other organizations and activists throughout the country, to help APP’s notability, strategy, and outreach.
- Directs all social media, email news blasts, and online communications.
- Directs all creative development – all branding, websites, campaign graphics, event branding, document design, etc.
- Senior strategist for all programs – including economics, education, immigration, and social issues – at the organization.
Communications/Program Director, Live Action
Washington, D.C. – December 2011 – August 2013
- Directed all social media platforms – creating a unique social media plan and made Live Action a leading social media platform, reaching over 650,000 people on a daily basis.
- Served as campaign manager – leading investigations, communications, and project releases, managing work of each team member and helping them execute every project release from start to finish.
- Creative director for campaigns – directing all branding, graphics, and website development.
- Managing editor of The Advocate magazine and assistant editor of LiveActionNews.org.
- Directed all communications for the organization including press releases, statements, and all other communications, including – talking points for television appearances, op-eds, press releases, email blasts, and more.
Grassroots Outreach Coordinator/New Media Director, Dana Rosemary Scallon for President
Dublin, Ireland – August 2011 – October 2011
- Organized grassroots teams across the country including door-to-door outreach, phone banks, and street activism.
- Served as Creative Director for the campaign, managing all branding, website development, and social media graphics.
- Polling – organized polling across the nation, analyzed data, and presented results and suggestions to the campaign.
- Managed Dana’s schedule, media appearances, and public relations opportunities.
Research Director, The Life Institute and Youth Defence
Dublin, Ireland – March 2010 – November 2011
- Researched and analyzed current events, news, and legislation; with a concentration on marriage, family and abortion.
- Successfully organized two international conferences in Dublin and Madrid, Spain; a public awareness tour in America; and various campaigns nationwide in Ireland.
- Writer and researcher for social media campaigns, op-eds, comprehensive reports, and all other communications.
- Assistant editor of fundraising appeals, Solas magazine, and advertising campaigns.
- Managed booking of conference speakers, media inquiries, interviews, and other press information.
Intern/Parliamentary Assistant, Senator Ronan Mullen
Dublin, Ireland – September 2009 – July 2010
- Researched and drafted speeches on a variety of topics including medical benefits, special needs assistance, animal cruelty, and human rights.
- Analyzed and prepared current topics for the daily Order of Business for Senator Mullen to present on the Senate floor.
- Examined the issues of healthcare, hospice care, dental benefits, special needs assistance, and marriage and family issues, in order to comprise statutes that were presented on the Senate floor by Senator Mullen.
- Managed lobbying attempts by Senator Mullen in relation to hospice care initiatives, special needs assistance, and laws pertaining to family issues in Ireland.
- Television/Radio: Has appeared on numerous television and radio programs on EWTN, The Blaze, Sun News Network, Ave Maria Radio, Relevant Radio, and more.
- Writing: Has been published in several publications on a variety of topics including TIME, IJ Review, The Daily Caller, Acculturated, The Federalist, Breitbart, Catholic News Agency, Catholic Vote, and more.
- Public speaking: Speaks regularly on a variety of topics including politics, social issues, and culture.
- Leonine Fellow 2015-2016, Catholic Information Center, Washington, D.C.
ADDITIONAL PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
February 2009 – September 2009 Project Specialist, Metro Engineering Solutions, Belleville, MI
August 2007 – November 2008 Project Light-Speed Project Manager, AT&T, Howell, MI
August 2005 – August 2006 PR Assistant, Franciscan University Public Relations, OH
October 2002 – December 2005 Communications Director, Pinckney Pro-Life, Pinckney, MI
Masters of Arts in Public Affairs and Political Communication
The Dublin Institute of Technology, Dublin, Ireland – 2011 Graduate
Subjects: Public Affairs, Political Marketing, Political Structures, Corporate Environment and Strategy, TV Environment and Presentation, Ethics and Political Process, Electronic Communications, Public Affairs Writing, and Research Techniques
Dissertation: ‘Negative Campaigning and its Effect on Public Discourse’
Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Arts
Franciscan University of Steubenville, Steubenville, OH – 2007 Graduate
Subjects: Law and Ethics, Latin, Human and Spiritual Integration, Philosophy of the Human Person, Prophets, Principles of Biblical Study, and Bioethics
Thesis: ‘Chastity in the Modern World and the Fulfillment of Chastity Within the Teachings of the Catholic Church’